Last Updated 31/07/2018
We at Home Desires Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy
Information we collect:
- Your on-site browsing behaviour, including the products and pages you have viewed, IP address and browser details etc.
- Your name, email and telephone.
- Your addresses, payment details and any other data you provide as required for processing your orders and returns. Please note we do not store your payment details from online transactions.
- Communication between us, including emails , text messages and telephone calls.
- Comments and opinions
- Information about products you have looked at
- Information about how you use and connect to our online services
- Gift card details.
Other data entered into our site for specific purposes, for example the creation of wish lists.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use your name and contact details to:
- Deliver your purchases to you
- Send you service messages by text, e-mail or through social media, such as order updates
- Send you information by email or text about our new products and services
- Prevent and detect fraud
- Show you adverts as you browse the web
- Find out what you and our other customers like
- Provide Customer service support including handling exchanges and returns
Social Media Facebook and Instagram use through linking to us
To show you adverts for relevant products and product recommendations
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. This includes your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
We do however share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that require information to get your purchases to you, such as delivery companies, finance providers and payment service providers
- IT companies who support our website and other business system
- Professional service providers such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, review sites and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- External payment providers where you choose to use their payment service (PayPal, Stripe etc)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place a suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information we collect online.
Our entire website is encrypted and protected with SSL, which is an industry-standard encryption protocol. When you send sensitive information (such as your credit card number) to us via our site, your card data is securely handled by Paypal or for credit/debit cards Stripe. We do not store your card details at all, and we have no access to them.
We use the following cookies when you visit our site.
Site functionality cookies: these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features such as “Add to Basket”
Site analytics cookies: these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site and therefore improve both its functionality and your shopping experience
Targeting or advertising cookies: these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you and to show you products that you have looked at previously on our site. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
You can find more information on Cookies by visiting the following link https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to contact us in relation to this notice and have any queries or concerns please contact us at email@example.com and we would be happy to help you.